WisCorps La Crosse Mayor’s Field Assistant Position
Make a positive impact in La Crosse with WisCorps by assisting and coordinating the Mayor’s Crew Program. Since 2015, the City of La Crosse Office of the Mayor has partnered with WisCorps to host 3 community crews. The crews consist of local high school students (16-18 yrs old) and the crew projects focus on natural areas, parks, neighborhoods, and community organizations. You will be responsible for assisting with the recruitment of Crew Members, supervising Crew Leaders in the field, as well as for administrative, logistical, and personnel support for the 3 field crews.
This position will work with each individual Crew Leader to ensure crew safety, high-quality work, positive crew community, a strong crew work ethic, and the personal development of each Crew Member, among other responsibilities. The Field Assistant must be comfortable with hard work and long days in outdoor and unpredictable conditions.
Field Assistant Responsibilities:
– Recruit, hire and supervise 3 crews in the City of La Crosse.
– Provide technical, logistical, personnel, and administrative support for each crew.
– Ensure crew safety, strong crew work ethic, high-quality work, and professionalism on the project site
– Assist with the planning and scheduling of the 6-week project season.
– Mentor crew leaders on creating an inclusive and functional crew community
– Assist with planning, implementing, and evaluating Crew Leader Training and Crew Member Orientation
– Remain drug, tobacco, and alcohol-free while on duty or while in uniform.
Field Assistant Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Conservation, Sustainability, Environmental Science, Education, or related degree preferred
– Outdoor Leadership experience with young adults preferably in a Conservation Corps or Summer Camp setting
– Mentorship and management experience preferred
– Highly self-motivated, hardworking, confident, autonomous
– Has a sense of humor, able to think creatively outside of the box
– Excellent communication skills
– 21-year-old minimum
– Good driving record and a valid driver’s license
– Ready to undergo a criminal background check
2021 Dates: March 15 through August 6 (one position available)
Compensation: $550-600/week (exempt from overtime)
For More Info: Contact Andrea at email@example.com
To Apply: Send your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Andrea Frisch, Conservation Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org