Fostering Inclusive Leadership and Wellness: Weaving Diversity, Equity, and Belonging Throughout Our Organizations and Communities
Join us Thursday, October 26th from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM in person at the Reinhart Center at Viterbo University. We’ll be collaborating with local organizations, local and national speakers, and educators to build an understanding of different DEI practices and the connection (intersectionality) among them.
Special thanks to our sponsors: Mayo Clinic Health System, Marine Credit Union Foundation, Waking Up White Collaborative, and Great Rivers United Way.
Register Here – Limited to 100 seats. Don’t miss out, register early!
Keynote: Equitable Social and Emotional Leadership: Forging Sustainable and Thriving Workplaces in the Decades Ahead
- Promote Self-Awareness: Emphasize the importance of self-awareness as a fundamental component for instigating internal change and fostering workplace fundamental principles and guiding ethos evolution.
- Attributes of Belonging: Explore the essential qualities of belonging within a workplace, providing insights on how to cultivate and sustain an environment where everyone feels they belong.
- Authentic Accountability and Action: Encourage authentic accountability and action among individuals, highlighting that achieving equity is a collective responsibility that involves the entire workforce.
- Effective Planning and Measurement: Provide strategies and tools for planning and measuring efforts geared towards achieving greater workplace and team equity.
The key takeaways:
- Increased Self-Awareness: Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of their own role in promoting equity within their workplace through self-awareness so that they can take action and center authentic accountability.
- Practical Steps: Practical advice and actionable steps for creating a culture of belonging and inclusivity within their teams and organizations.
- Collective Responsibility: A reinforced understanding that equity is a shared responsibility, with actionable insights on how each individual can contribute.
Keynote Speaker: Future Cain
Future Cain is a social emotional leadership and workplace wellness expert who is the CEO and Founder of Future of SEL and the host of Healing Our Future videocast. She is an international speaker, consultant, trainer, one of NASA Astrophysics IDEA practitioners, and a certified culture facilitator and assessor. Future is one of LinkedIn’s Top Leadership Development Voices and is also featured as one of their Black Voices to follow.
With over twenty years of leadership and education experience, her career expands across several industries including the private sector, education, small businesses and large corporations.
This ambassador for humanity partners with organizations to optimize human potential through a systemic, holistic approach to improve leaders’ social emotional intelligence, employee wellness, and organizational performance. She is committed to helping organizations see that their greatest assets are the people.
She sits on the executive board for Rotary’s World Affair Seminar for high school students, is a mom to two who resides in Wisconsin, and is a certified yoga instructor who is passionate about people sitting in their self awareness, social responsibility, equity, and the mental health and well-being of all adults and children.
Future’s been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, and Harvard Business Review and she has several published pieces with the most recent piece on the generational divide which can be read on Blinkist Business.
This CEO has been honored as Rotarian of the Year and has partnered with a variety of organizations including University of Wisconsin, Reebok, Forever 21, Mental Health America, NANOG, LinkedIn, and AASA.
Future is a forever learner who has received her Administration and Director of Instruction License from Concordia University, Master of Arts Multi-categorical Special Education from Governors State University, and dual Bachelor of Arts degree in Speech Communication and Psychology from East Stroudsburg University.
- City Mayor Mitch Reynolds
- La Crosse County Administrator Jane Klekamp
- La Crosse Chamber of Commerce CEO Neal Zygarlicke
- Mayo Clinic Health System Leader
- Bellin Health & Gundersen Health System Leader