To serve your organization’s needs, The Greater La Crosse Area Diversity Council provides a variety of educational programs, including a new Affiliated Speakers Bureau, which offers offers intensive, tailored on-site learning for employees and organizational leadership. Speakers serve area businesses, non-profits, government, and community organizations.
Our speakers provide in-depth information and strategies related to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce/team, educating members of your organization about cultural diversity and other forms of difference, addressing discrimination and unwelcoming behavior in the workplace, and creating a genuinely welcoming, inclusive, and productive environment in which people can work together to advance the mission of your organization.
Speakers require a minimum two-hour commitment from your organization, with longer programs available as well, depending upon the speaker.
Below is our current list of speakers, with a link to their bios and presentation topics. Please e-mail these individuals directly to learn more about their areas of expertise, speaker fees, and availability.
- Ricardo Acevedo, District Manager, Social Security Administration, President-Elect, Greater La Crosse Area Diversity Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Goodenough, Assistant Director for UW-La Crosse’s Research and Resource Center for Campus Climate: email@example.com
- Willem Van Roosenbeek, LGBTQA+ Programs and Services Director, UW-La Crosse: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Quincey L. Daniels, Educational Consultant and Social Justice Advocate: email@example.com
- Dr. Jodi Vandenberg-Daves, Chair of the Department of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, UW-La Crosse: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not sure your organization is ready for an on-site training? Build awareness among your employees and network with others through our other learning opportunities:
- Our short Lunch and Learn programs, organized by the Council 3-4 times per year, raise awareness about specific workplace topics related to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Our annual conference provides a rich half-day experience, which brings together people from across the area interested in more in-depth learning about diversity, inclusion, and equity.