Multicultural Resource Guide
The Multicultural Resource Guide lists multicultural resources that reflect the growing diversity within the Greater La Crosse Region.
Metrics of Diversity
"There are many definitions of diversity from a social justice perspective. We use one centered on organizations desiring to increase their employment of traditionally underrerepresented groups, or protected classes, such as race, national origin, sex, disability, LGBT status, and age." Click here to read more of "Metrics of Diversity" by Mark Brenman.
Corporate Leadership: Building Diversity into the Pipeline
An overview of critical strategies for building a diverse leadership pipeline including systems and practices for holding top leadership accountable, and strategies for changing organizational cultures. By Claire McCarty Kilian, PhD.
Racism in Education Resources
- This American Life has several episodes on educational disparities (Three Miles) and current efforts to desegregate schools (The Problem We All Live With - Parts One & Two)
- The American Federation of Teachers (AFT), a national teachers' union passed this resolution, Confronting Racism and In Support of Black Lives, addressing policing in schools. Let's continue to push our local school board's to remove SRO's from our schools (if you are in a place where they haven't made that move already).
- State survey and graphic of the minimum age for delinquency adjudication. More on this and the school-to-prison topic on a future Sunday.
- Major Read: this ACLU report on how the unacceptable lack of mental health resources and counselors in schools harms students (condensed version and full report), how having police in schools does not improve student safety (spoiler alert: it actually DECREASES student safety), and how disabled students are disproportionately impacted by violence.
- White Privilege 101: Getting in on the Conversation (Video produced by Eddie Moore, Jr.)
- The Way Home (Video produced by Shakti Bulter)
- Light in the Shadows (Video produced by Shakti Bulter)
- Color of Fear (Video produced by Lee Mun Wah)
- Mirrors of Privilege: Making Whiteness Visible (Video produced by Shakti Butler)
- Cracking the Codes: The System of Racial Inequity (Video)
- La Crosse Area Community Organizations and Initiatives
- Implicit Bias, Inclusivity, and Workplace Culture
- Workplace Diversity by Topic
- La Crosse Medical Health Science Consortium - Cultural Competencies
- Subscribe to Equity Express, a newsletter from AAUW, The American Association of University Women, a non-profit organization that advances equity for women and girls
- Confronting Prejudice: How to Protect Yourself and Help Others
- Leaders Igniting Transformation (LIT) is a youth of color led independent nonprofit.
- Reparations Summer, a land based movement for Black liberation focused on wealth redistribution, growing Black infrastructure, and systemic reparations.
- 19 Black-Owned Banks and How to Support Them